Sunday, March 25, 2012

Why Isn't Bruce Holwerda World Famous?


Wandering around a local art festival recently, my mind was becoming numbed by paint by numbers watercolors of the beach and sailboats docked at tropic locales. And don't even get me started on the Wylan wannabe dolphin and whale crowd. Then I saw it- a grinning maniac on a unicycle, obviously going full tilt, and obviously not concerned a bit about it, martini glass held high in salute. I was immediately immersed in a world where every picture literally told a story.

Fantastic, ethereal, haunting and beautiful. How could I not be enthralled? This guy's art is amazing. Check out his website for tons more-

I swear that someday, if I can manage it somehow, I will commission this guy to do a book cover for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment